Moss, Mould, Lichen & Algae Treatments
For Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua & Kapiti
We have treatments available using a patented product that kills moss, mould and lichen spores and other organic growth.
The property wash will remove the superficial growth in most cases but the treatment actually kills the spores.
Why is This Treatment Important?
Moss is a living, growing organism made up of a mass of tiny plants. Lichen and algae are similar and grow alongside moss.
They thrive in damp places and it is common for properties in valleys and gullies, areas with little sunlight or close to shady trees to have some form of organic growth.
Moss and lichen hold moisture and extends the length of time a cladding material stays wet. If left untreated, the spores will continue to spread, causing premature aging of paint work, permanent staining and wood rot.
Mould and algae don't have a root system like moss and so their appearance is more of an aesthetic issue and can make a property look shabby. Left untreated, they can cause dark staining to occur.
Do you have black mould? We have extensive experience in removing this ugly and dangerous black mould. Contact us today for a free quote.
How Does The Treatment Work?
We spray the surfaces with a quality patented product as part of a post-wash treatment and leave the product to work over the months following a property wash.
Who Are Our Customers?
Our customers are many from all over Wellington, Hutt Valley, Porirua and Kapiti.
As well as treating moss, mould and other nasty organisms, did you know we also offer exterior house washing?